It is known that the Apple keyboard layout is different from the Windows keyboard layout. This can cuase unexpected behavior when connecting from a Apple Mac device to a Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop session. When installing the Citrix Receiver, the default behavior for the keyboard layout is pass-through, which makes the keyboard of the client the same in the Citrix session. There are two unexpected behavior’s:
- Connecting to a new session
Most of the keyboard keys will be in the same keyboard layout as on the client except for some punctuation. You can notice this into the language bar of your session (will show EN). The IBM AS400 Client Access Emulator only checks the language settings in the control panel, so this will always be English.
- Connecting to an existing session initiated from a Windows client
Keyboard layout changed into English, even the language bar shows your normal language. The IBM AS400 Client Access Emulator only checks the language settings in the control panel, so this will always be English. A work around is to change the language in the language bar to EN and you will have the same keyboard layout as the client, except for the IBM AS400 Client Access Emulator.
To resolve this issue, the Citrix Receiver config file on the Apple MacBook device needs to be edited.
These are the steps that you need to do:
- Uninstall the Citrix Receiver when this is not the latest version
- Install the latest version of Citrix Receiver for Mac
- Go to: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver
- Open the Config file with a text editor
- Change the following line:
– KeyboardLayout=(User Profile) into KeyboardLayout=Belgian Dutch *
- Save the file
* The most common keyboard layout settings are:
– (User Profile) default
– Belgian Dutch
– Belgian French
– Polish (214)
– Polish (Programmers)
– United Kingdom