My company is hit by ransomware. What to do?
Recently a Belgian organization became the victim of a ransomware attack. Production is shut down and has not restarted yet. On average, a ransomware incident lasts 7,3 days. This can go up to several weeks or even months depending on the scale of the attack and the strain of ransomware.
In the US alone, 764 healthcare providers, 113 governments and 89 educational institutions were hit by ransomware (source: https://fd.nl). One thing is sure, the number of this type of attacks will only increase in the upcoming years.
In this era, cybersecurity ratings are becoming just as important as financial ratings. Prevention is essential, but cannot stop all malicious threats. One day, it might happen to you. It is, therefore, crucial for organizations to bounce back fast if they become a victim of such a malicious event.
How to get up and running again when hit by ransomware
When a successful ransomware attack strikes you, you need to:
- Detect: identify all strains of ransomware
- Analyze: understand the impact of an attack
- Recover: restore as quickly as possible
Minimize your downtime with Rubrik’s Polaris Radar?
Rubrik’s last application ‘Radar,’ an application on the Polaris SaaS platform, detects anomalies, analyzes threats, and accelerates recovery with a few clicks.
Rubrik’s Radar helps you recover quickly from a security incident by:
- Detecting and alerting anomalous behavior through machine learning
- Monitoring events 24/7 for unexpected change rates
- Indicating which data is changed
- Identifying what was impacted and where
- Giving you deeper insights on how malware impacted your entire environment
- Monitoring insider threats. Radar will identify and restore when employees, contractors, associates, or others modify or delete sensitive information.
- Restoring the most recent clean data. With clean data, I mean data that malicious actors are not able to modify thanks to the nature of Rubrik’s filesystem design.
If you would like to know more about Rubrik’s Polaris Radar, please contact me via [email protected]