Pulse Secure Technical Update Session
On August 29, we went to the Juniper & Pulse Secure Technical Update Session in Willebroek together with other Belgian presales consultants. Through this blogpost, we would like to share the most important updates regarding Pulse Secure.
- ‘Cloud Secure’: From now on, you can use the Pulse Secure Appliance (PSA) to access cloud applications as well. This guarantees compliance.
- The PSA platform now includes the Profiler built-in into the device, which is very handy for IoT devices. The profiler automatically detects new devices, it can be configured so that the administrator must approve a new device before it can access the network
Pulse Secure is also launching Workspace on Windows devices and MAC OS devices. Pulse Secure Pulse Workspace is helping companies rethink mobility. Pulse Workspace provides a trusted BYOD container for iOS and Android that secures the apps your company needs and gives workers a native user experience that separates work and life.
A lot of attention was paid to the roadmap. In our opinion, the following features (currently in closed ‘beta’) particularly stand out:
Connect Secure (SSLVPN):
- Clustering support in Virtual PSA Appliance
- Virtual PSA Appliance Licensing via Pulse Secure Licensing Server (PCLS, on- premise and in public IaaS clouds)
- Cloud-VPN hosted in Azure
- VLAN support on all Root interfaces (Internal/External/Management)
Policy Secure (Network Access Control):
- Pulse Policy Secure eco-system expansion using Fortinet, Checkpoint
- Guest Access – Account approval process
- Support for profiling devices in an active/active cluster
- Support for Profiler licensing
- Enhanced WMI collector (now collects AV information)
Do you have a question about this blog post? Please, do not hesitate to contact us.