F5 Networks provides solutions that continuously protect your applications, and they really work. SecureLink places a strong focus on the security functionalities of F5 Networks. We help you to achieve a secure and performant application infrastructure. Our security implementation specialists and our customers have led to more than 300 successful implementations.
Why F5 Networks?
F5 Networks provides solutions that continuously protect your applications, and they really work. SecureLink has chosen F5 as a key component in our inbound security architecture. Being the market leader in the ADC/WAF market segment, F5 is the ideal solution to protect your web applications both on-premise and in a private or public cloud. Our security implementation specialists and our customers have led to more than 300 successful implementations.
F5 Networks: fields of expertise
The very essence of application delivery is load balancing. Over time, load balancing has evolved and expanded with a range of security, performance and management services. That evolution makes F5 the market leader in unmatched secure application availability, anywhere, anytime, and from any device.
It is F5’s mission to protect the sensitive data and the intellectual property of businesses while maximizing end-user productivity and minimizing application downtime. Application-focused access and identity services are crucial if you want excellent application security with overall access for all users.
F5’s data center and web application firewall protection solutions offer full protection across the network stack through a modern threat mitigation platform. F5 Networks also created a recommended DDoS protection architecture. It is suitable for specific data center sizes and it meets specific industry requirements. To put it in a nutshell, F5’s security architectures are ideal to protect your internet-facing-data-center applications, wherever they are located.
Designing a private cloud? Deploying applications to a hybrid environment? Moving to Software as a Service (SaaS)? Migrating and re-architecting existing apps to a public cloud IaaS provider? Or trying to ensure business continuity? An application-centric strategy allows you to confidently deploy applications in the cloud. F5 Networks consistently provides critical application delivery services throughout the data center, private cloud or public cloud, and on top of that, hybrid users experience the expected performance and availability.
These are the most-frequently used components in an F5 solution design:
- Local Traffic Manager: The load balancing component that serves as the basis of most F5 implementations. It transforms incoming network traffic into intelligently assembled streams of data, and selects the right destination based on server performance, security, and availability.
- Application Security Manager: The Web Application Firewall component is the primary security layer protecting your web applications. It enables you to defeat sophisticated and complex threats that your regular Next-Generation Firewalls won’t be able to detect.
- Access Manager: Access Manager contextually secures, simplifies, and protects user access to apps and data no matter where users are connecting from, what device they’re using or what they’re trying to connect to.
- Advanced Firewall Manager: BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) defends against threats to network layers 3–4, stopping them before they reach your data center.
- Big-IQ: BIG-IQ Centralized Management provides a central point of control for F5 physical and virtual devices. It simplifies management, helps ensure compliance, and gives you the tools you need to deliver your applications securely and effectively.
Get in touch
Do you have a question, comment or are you looking for more information about this particular topic? Please contact us by using this contact form. We will come back to you as soon as possible.