Palo Alto Networks CYBERFORCE HERO for SecureLink UK!
SecureLink UK Senior Security Consultant, James Lavender, has just been awarded the highest accolade available to a consultant from Palo Alto Networks. Cyberforce is a partner technical recognition program, featuring an elite group of highly trained, self-sufficient engineers who are instrumental in protecting our digital way of life by preventing successful cyberattacks.
James has been awarded the top level: CYBERFORCE HERO. SecureLink are extremely proud of this achievement as James is now one of only 12 in the world with this title.
- The Cyberforce program recognizes the best of the best, a vital component of our channel mission to build an ecosystem of Next-Generation Security Innovators with the coverage, capacity and capabilities to elevate our leadership position in the security market.
- Members of Cyberforce specialize in enhancing the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform to empower innovation and deliver business gains to our mutual customers.
- This is an exclusive program, and membership is earned in the field.
The program will evaluate members in three key areas:
- Performance (associated wins)
- Capabilities (technical certifications)
- Tech Cred (completing technical activities to earn XPs or points)
Here is a bit from James about his career with Palo Alto Networks:
I have been working with Palo Alto for over 10 years but been in the network security industry for around 12 years. I started off in the early part of my career working with Cisco PIX’s which then became ASA’s. With a change in job came a change in vendor and I began working on Juniper SSG/ISG’s. These where an awesome layer 4 firewall in their day, and when Next Generation Firewalls came on the scene, I wanted to work with a new vendor that was similar to Juniper ScreenOS, but who had improved on it, so it made sense to follow Nir Zuk and work with Palo Alto’s. Over my career I have installed over 800 Palo Alto’s in a variety of businesses across both private and public sectors in the UK and abroad.
Why I have stayed with this Security Platform:
- Its pretty much a one stop shop for your security needs in a single vendor
- Network Security
Adopt best practices using app, user and content-based policies to minimize opportunities for attack.
- Advanced Endpoint Protection
Blocks exploits, ransomware, malware and fileless attacks to minimize infected endpoints and servers.
- Cloud Security
Speed up multi-cloud deployments, with continuous compliance validation, through deep integrations with native cloud services and automation tools.
- Cloud-Delivered Security Services
Confidently automate threat identification and prevention everywhere.
- Application Framework
Consume security innovations quickly using ecosystem partner apps that integrate tightly into the platform.
SecureLink work continually to push our consultants and technicians, and are proud of the high level and quantity of technical expertise we have in-house.
To learn more about our relationship with Palo Alto Networks and our expertise, head to our Palo Alto Networks page.
Alternatively, to learn more about the Cyberforce programme, read this blog post from Palo Alto Networks.